NSF REU: PR-CLIMB
PUERTO RICO-CHEMICAL LEARNING INTEGRATED IN MATERIALS AND BIOMOLECULAR APPLICATIONS
INTERDISCIPLINARY LEARNING IN PUERTO RICO
DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 28, 2020
IQ BIO REU Application is now OPEN
IQ BIO REU is a summer research and student development program funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) that offers opportunities for undergraduate students from universities and colleges that lack a strong research component and those from groups that have been historically underrepresented in STEM fields.
For 9 weeks, starting on the first Monday of June, ten (10) students will be immersed in a wide array of high-impact practices including participation in a mentored research project in partnership with faculty members from the College of Natural Sciences at the University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras Campus (UPR-RP). The program offers training and practice for fluency in quantitative skills, data analysis, and bioinformatics and myriad opportunities for career development.
- Mentored research at the vanguard of biological sciences
- Skill development workshops on the use of computational tools (R and Python)
- Workshops on Career Development, Research Ethics, among others
- Guided writing activities
- Social and cultural activities
- Stipend of $5,400
- Near-campus housing arranged by the program
- Reimbursement for travel to and from REU site
- APPLY HERE: http://iqbioreu.uprrp.edu/index.php/apply/